Sunday, March 29, 2009

The big zig

I ran into the neighbors and found out their new baby is a girl..... therefore, I need to make them a baby quilt. I decided on a zig zag quilt. According to this method, you cut and align two squares, sew 1/4 inch off center and then cut that into two triangle sets.

I am only part way done.

After starting, I found two more zig zag patterns just released on the web.

The first seems brilliant, you don't ever cut any triangles, it is all done with rectangles and squares.This makes me want to make another zig zag quilt.

The second uses triangles, and seems much riskier.

It reminds me of the math involved in crafts. This is not just some people blindly assembling stuff. There is a lot of Mathematics in knitting and crochet. And clearly, Geometry is quilting's muse.


1 Comments:

Blogger Zuula said...

Gosh, your method and the rectangles and squares sound easier but the other one looks nice too.

I started knitting fish-shaped bath mitts for some young friends yesterday but then pulled it all out.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home