Wow
Imagining all of the millions of web sites out there, it is amazing that we ever find anything worthwhile, as we are sorting through pages and pages of dubious Google hits.
But sometimes, neat things do arise. Here are two sites that I really like, that make me happy knowing there are beautiful things out there.
A quilt is nice
This is a very nice quilt blog. I love the colors she uses, bright but not loud, light but not pastel. I also like the liberal use of white. I wish I had seen this before I started my last quilt, I think it would have been much improved with more white. Some of my favorites include: the boxed-in quilt, the birds on a limb quilt, and the double hourglass quilt.
Whitney Smith Pottery
What amazing pottery!! Don't you want this bird stand NOW? How about the nesting bowls? Or these split pod vessels? Again, great colors. You can tell how she started with a more Arts and Crafts style but has moved to a more minimal modern look.
But sometimes, neat things do arise. Here are two sites that I really like, that make me happy knowing there are beautiful things out there.
A quilt is nice
This is a very nice quilt blog. I love the colors she uses, bright but not loud, light but not pastel. I also like the liberal use of white. I wish I had seen this before I started my last quilt, I think it would have been much improved with more white. Some of my favorites include: the boxed-in quilt, the birds on a limb quilt, and the double hourglass quilt.
Whitney Smith Pottery
What amazing pottery!! Don't you want this bird stand NOW? How about the nesting bowls? Or these split pod vessels? Again, great colors. You can tell how she started with a more Arts and Crafts style but has moved to a more minimal modern look.
3 Comments:
Those are lovely! For the newer pottery I love the lotus nesting bowls, the poppy bowls, the plain white pitcher and the pomegranate thingy.
Quilts. Yes. I should get back to mine...
I like the pottery too. I could get you something for your birthday this year....
the quilts are great. I think the liberal use of white is nice too.
thank you for saying such nice things about me. your start quilt is beautiful.
Post a Comment
<< Home