Tuesday, December 16, 2008

On to the next project...

This is my christmas present to myself. The complete fat quarter set for Amy Butler's Midwest Modern 1 and Midwest Modern 2. That's right, over 60 quarter yards of fabrics. I think this is my favorite fabric collection ever. Here they are by collection (1 on the left and 2 on the right):



And here they are by pattern:


It has all my favorite colors, robin's egg blue, bright pink, light orange, olive. Amy Butler really knows how to combine colors.

I am going to make a simpler quilt pattern with these fabrics, and I think I have enough to make a quilt on the front and a quilt on the back, if that makes sense. If you google "yellow brick road quilt" or "turning twenty quilt" you will see what I have in mind for the pattern. Something with large blocks of fabrics.

But first, I have two other quilts in the queue..... and this fabric is too pretty to cut up just yet, so I might not actually make this one for a while. I think for now I will just play with the fabrics.

1 Comments:

Blogger mo said...

hmmm, and which one are you going to give to me? i really like those fabrics too - kind of retro but cool colors.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home