Thursday, October 23, 2008

What? I can't hear you, my quilt is too loud!

Here are some mock-ups of the block from my new quilt. The pattern is from Kaffe Fassett's Kaleidoscope of Quilts. The block will be 12 inches by 12 inches, pretty large. I cut out most of the pieces for one block, and then laid them on a large section of different fabrics, to audition different backgrounds. It is interesting to me to see how the different backgrounds affect the interaction of the rest of the fabrics. This one highlights the center piece.



This one highlights the pink squares.

In this one, the background is too dominant, but also merges too much with the center part.

I think I will cut out a bunch of pieces and then spend hours making various combinations until I find 20 I like..... which might take a long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger mo said...

that could almost be a meditative exercise. i like the first one best.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Zuula said...

Wow - That is amazing! A huge difference! I think I like the first one best too.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home