Monday, October 13, 2008

Oops!

Well, I had planned to post again on October 8, to have a nice and even two months between posts. Since I am a Libra,


I am all about balance. But that didn't happen, so now my posts are two months and five days apart. Not nearly so balanced.

Anyway, in the past few months, I have traveled to the land of sunshine, rollercoasters, and rampant consumerism. Yes, I am talking about Orlando. We made the rounds of many of the parks, starting with the big one, The Magic Kingdom.



Another park had the best animals, including these fruit bats, which have a wingspan of six feet, how cool is that?


My personal favorite was at yet another theme park, and yes, I did get my picture taken with The Cat in the Hat, who wouldn't?


Back on the home front, I have ordered LOTS of fabrics for lots of quilts I plan to make. I will post pictures of that soon.

I have been away from the internet for much of this time, and it was nice. No web surfing, no email. Peace and quiet and in-person interactions. Of course, now I am back to the web, like a fly on honey. There is always something new to find, like this blog, by a woman who is very clever with her crochet. Or the satellite sites at ICanHasCheezburger, such as Funny Look-Alikes, whic gives us "Furbie totally looks like Gizmo"

Furbie, gizmo, gremlins, stripe
see famous look-a-like faces

or their web site Engrish, which gives us a new take on bottled water:

engrish canned bottled water
more the engrish!

And I am sure there is more where that came from....

Happy October!







2 Comments:

Blogger Zuula said...

There are so many things to comment on in this post. So, starting at the beginning... I have never had much desire to visit Disney World/Land. I imagine it as a place teeming with screaming kids even though I know that about half the people who go do so without kids. But, having said that, those fruit bats rock! And I'd love to visit Seuss Landing. Sounds like a hoot!

The websites are fun - I'd like to make that crocheted-over-a-balloon thing. And I love that totallylookslike site. Some of those are so eerie. About the engrish... love it. There are a bunch of other sites with misspelled signs around the world.

In the language building at Duke University there was a sign that read "Please reclyce." I thought it was extra funny as it was in the building that housed the English department as well as foreign languages.

10:53 AM  
Blogger mo said...

post the pics from Disney! I want to see us with the cat in the hat!

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home