Hooked, again
Now I finally have a new project. I am going to make a tablecloth from crocheted squares. I tried 2 squares but the one on the left was too open and the one on the right was too dense.

But, like Goldilocks, the third one was just right. This is called prairie rose from 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans, by Jan Eaton. The two above are from the same book.
I am not going to use that beige yarn for the tablecloth, it was just some Dale Baby Ull I bought for practice. I wonder how long it is going to take me to buy some yarn for this project. probably months and months. Then months and months to make the squares, then months and months to crochet them together. I call it the Slow Crafting movement. Like Slow Food, we aim to relax and enjoy the process...

But, like Goldilocks, the third one was just right. This is called prairie rose from 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans, by Jan Eaton. The two above are from the same book.
I am not going to use that beige yarn for the tablecloth, it was just some Dale Baby Ull I bought for practice. I wonder how long it is going to take me to buy some yarn for this project. probably months and months. Then months and months to make the squares, then months and months to crochet them together. I call it the Slow Crafting movement. Like Slow Food, we aim to relax and enjoy the process...
3 Comments:
I like them all!
Linen. Make them out of linen. Something that takes that long to make deserves to last. They've unearthed linen fragments from the pyramids.
Hmm linen is a good idea! I like that. I was thinking of cotton. I still haven't ordered any yarn, so there is time to look around for linen.
Post a Comment
<< Home