Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thank you Mother Nature

After months and months of horrible weather, we are finally being rewarded for our ability to withstand 101 inches of snow, 5 months of below average winter temperatures, and a hoard of ravenous bunnies. May and June (so far) have been exceptional. Mild temperatures, no mosquitos, a beautiful spring. Of course, last weekend we got 6 inches of rain in less than 48 hours, so Mother Nature may not be letting us totally relax into summer.

Monday night, our neighbors hosted their bluegrass band practice in the back yard, instead of inside the house. husband and I were sitting in our back yard and we got an hour-long private concert. It was superb. Coupled with the wonderful weather and this beautiful sunset, it was the best evening I have had in a long time. I wonder how differently I would have thought about it had the band been some experimental free-form jazz band, or a drum quintet.... as it was they were pretty darn good, and bluegrass in your back yard on a June evening is a little bit of payback for all that snow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Among the Pines said...

Live music is always so enjoyable! I am pleased that you were able to enjoy a nice (nearly) summer evening outdoors.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home