I wish I had thought of that!!
Reading through the latest Interweave Crochet (more about that magazine later), I came upon one of those simply stunning artists, those who give you the "I wish I had thought of that" moment.
This time it is Elaine Bradford, a crochet artist. The image in the article was of a taxidermied squirrel that had been crocheted a mod sweater, including face mask. It is genius. I went to her web site and could not find that exact picture on the web, which is too bad, but here are some others.
Here, she crocheted sweaters for every item in her refrigerator.
Here she crocheted sweaters for rocks.
Also on her web page are some crocheted sleeves for taxidermied deer hooves. That made me laugh because we once stayed in a cabin up north and they had deer hooves (bent to right angle) as coat hooks. It was horrifying to see deer parts just sticking out of the wall, but now I wish I had been able to crochet them some sleeves. That would have been funny "guerilla" art for the cabin owners, coming home to see their animal parts lovingly warmed through fiber.
But, now that she has done it, it takes away a bit from the rest of us. I mean, being the second person to crochet a sweater for a taxidermied squirrel is just lame.
This time it is Elaine Bradford, a crochet artist. The image in the article was of a taxidermied squirrel that had been crocheted a mod sweater, including face mask. It is genius. I went to her web site and could not find that exact picture on the web, which is too bad, but here are some others.
Here, she crocheted sweaters for every item in her refrigerator.
But, now that she has done it, it takes away a bit from the rest of us. I mean, being the second person to crochet a sweater for a taxidermied squirrel is just lame.
4 Comments:
Ummmm....
my sentiments exactly. i believe in artistic license, but really, this is sort of silly.
Is it not art? I think it is.
Well, I understand what you mean about being the second person to crochet a sweater for a taxidermied squirrel. Unless you do a much more interesting sweater, of course. While it may be art, it also it seems a bit obsessive/compulsive to me. And some of itperhaps more craft than art?
Post a Comment
<< Home