Has it been that long?
Oof, how many days without a post. I must say, now that my job is all computer all the time, my enthusiasm for all things Internet has cooled considerably. Let's catalog the online activities.
1. Local forum. Was reading that for years, posted for years, then stopped posting about 9 months ago, now I barely read it.
2. Blog surfing. Don't really do that anymore either. Sorry, Althouse.
3. Family blog. Still going.
4. This blog. Hanging in there.
5. Facebook. Yes I have an account, I had one friend for a while, even though I told her I didn't use it much. I got it to check out my students on the web while I was teaching. Another friend had told me his students talked about him on Facebook, so I wanted to check. I didn't see anything. Now, a second friend has "friended me" or whatever on Facebook, and I may have to respond.
6. Ravelry. I signed up and I think I have already forgotten my password. I hope I wrote it down somewhere.
7. Email. I have my work account, my Google account for Blogger, and my Yahoo account for Flickr.
8. Flickr. I was putting up lots of photos for a while, but that too has slowed.
9. LinkedIn. My 25th high school reunion is approaching and the organizers want us to create a profile at LinkedIn. I hadn't even ever heard of it. I think it is a version of Facebook, maybe?
So, as you can see, it is a bit much. I should decide which to keep up and which not to. The web is just too much some times.
1. Local forum. Was reading that for years, posted for years, then stopped posting about 9 months ago, now I barely read it.
2. Blog surfing. Don't really do that anymore either. Sorry, Althouse.
3. Family blog. Still going.
4. This blog. Hanging in there.
5. Facebook. Yes I have an account, I had one friend for a while, even though I told her I didn't use it much. I got it to check out my students on the web while I was teaching. Another friend had told me his students talked about him on Facebook, so I wanted to check. I didn't see anything. Now, a second friend has "friended me" or whatever on Facebook, and I may have to respond.
6. Ravelry. I signed up and I think I have already forgotten my password. I hope I wrote it down somewhere.
7. Email. I have my work account, my Google account for Blogger, and my Yahoo account for Flickr.
8. Flickr. I was putting up lots of photos for a while, but that too has slowed.
9. LinkedIn. My 25th high school reunion is approaching and the organizers want us to create a profile at LinkedIn. I hadn't even ever heard of it. I think it is a version of Facebook, maybe?
So, as you can see, it is a bit much. I should decide which to keep up and which not to. The web is just too much some times.
2 Comments:
Wow you were quite the webchild! I've been checking the DP forum and it has been fairly boring lately. You'll have to return and stir things up somehow.
funny how something that used to be fun is now WORK!
Post a Comment
<< Home