CAKE!
Friday I was so happy because I got home and what was in the mail? Cake! From Julie! It is smaller, and therefore much cuter (and harder to make), than I thought.

YUM! Those are kid-sized utensils from my youth (clearly in need of some spit and polish!). I am so pleased with my cake, because in six days I will turn 40, so I am viewing this as my first birthday present.
Now, I am one of those strange adults who actually care about their birthday. My logic is that this is the one day of the year to most revel in your existence, and the best day of the year for people to tell you they love you. I really try (although I do not always succeed) to remember my friends' birthdays. All the people I know are totally uninterested in their own birthdays (and thus in other peoples' birthdays too) but I think they can really be an opportunity for celebration. So, I am doubly happy about my cake.
And, I went to the local yarn store to buy a return present (not in the mail yet...) and I came upon my birthday present to myself!


YUM! Those are kid-sized utensils from my youth (clearly in need of some spit and polish!). I am so pleased with my cake, because in six days I will turn 40, so I am viewing this as my first birthday present.
Now, I am one of those strange adults who actually care about their birthday. My logic is that this is the one day of the year to most revel in your existence, and the best day of the year for people to tell you they love you. I really try (although I do not always succeed) to remember my friends' birthdays. All the people I know are totally uninterested in their own birthdays (and thus in other peoples' birthdays too) but I think they can really be an opportunity for celebration. So, I am doubly happy about my cake.
And, I went to the local yarn store to buy a return present (not in the mail yet...) and I came upon my birthday present to myself!

2 Comments:
Timing is everything.
I'm with you on birthdays. Let the celebration begin!
so cool! I like stuff like that. now I feel guilty because I havent figured out a cool gift for you yet...
Post a Comment
<< Home