Monday, September 03, 2007

Thank you, youtube

Who knows how the brain works? Last week I was opening the refrigerator door when inside my head I heard a few lines from "Corner of the Sky", a song we used to sing in high school. And by "we" I mean people I knew who could actually sing. Maybe someone did it at a talent show, or as an audition for a school musical. Whatever the source, I have always remembered that song. And then it appeared in my head, 24 years after high school. I don't think it was a case of hearing it in a commercial and subliminally forgetting that.

Anyway, thanks to the magic of youtube I was able to find more than one video of the song being sung, so I could sing a long to my heart's content. There was even a NIEHS web site with the music and lyrics for kids to sing along to (my husband wanted to hear "Hi-Ho" from Snow White, go figure). Anyway, only look at these videos if you don't mind the song getting stuck in your head.

Who knew Bo Bice did this song during American Idol?

A really good high school version


Rivers belong where they can ramble,
Eagles belong where they can fly.
I've got to be where my spirit can run free,
gotta find my corner of the sky.


2 Comments:

Blogger mo said...

wow, I guess I could only avoid youtube for so long. actually I think I looked at it once to see those chinese guys singing that insync (?) song....what is the NIEHS web site?

6:39 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

NIEHS is the National Institute of Environmental Health Science. I think it is part of NIH. I guess they have kids pages.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home