Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Haiku

Autumn has descended upon us seemingly overnight. I was thinking that as I walked my dog yesterday. And, as I thought the words "Autumn Descends" I thought of haiku. How many haiku could I think of relating to autumn? Now, all I know about haiku is the 5 7 5 rule and the general theme of nature. How many different moods could you capture?

Undergraduate:

Fall is upon us
Football games and binge drinking
No more muffintops

Schlocky:

Autumn descending
Leaves turn and fall to the earth
Sunset of the year

Fatalist:

We all will die soon
Just as the leaves and plants do
Dust to dust forever

I guess I won't give up my day job.

Of course, the best writing about fall is by U2:

October


October

And the trees are stripped bare
Of all they wear
What do I care
October
And kingdoms rise
And kingdoms fall
But you go on
And on

2 Comments:

Blogger mo said...

Autumn is here
in seattle this means rain
rain rain rain rain rain

5:06 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

I think you need to work on that last line.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home