Am I still working on this?
Some time ago I saw the pattern for the "my so called scarf" and decided to make one. I think I had bought some Manos del Uruguay yarn and was looking for a pattern for a scarf. After I saw this pattern, I bought two skeins of Malabrigo, color Violettas, and decided to use that instead.
I knitted up a skein and thought it was long enough so I bound off. Then I decided the back side (on left) was none too attractive and that I needed to use the second skein to make an identical scarf, which I would then sew to the first scarf and have a double thick scarf that was nice on both sides. Unfortunately, I had used up the entire first skein for the first scarf, so I realized that I would need a third skein to have enough yarn to sew up the two individual scarves into one. It took me over a year to get that third skein! I called the LYS where I got the first two skeins to see when they might get more, and they kept saying "Oh, so and so would know, I'll have her call you back" but so and so never did. Finally I bought the yarn over the web.....

And so now I can finally work the second scarf, sew them together, add some fringe, and probably make matching hat. Finally. Next time I will try to plan better.
Oh, and I still have those two skeins of Manos and have not used them either.
I knitted up a skein and thought it was long enough so I bound off. Then I decided the back side (on left) was none too attractive and that I needed to use the second skein to make an identical scarf, which I would then sew to the first scarf and have a double thick scarf that was nice on both sides. Unfortunately, I had used up the entire first skein for the first scarf, so I realized that I would need a third skein to have enough yarn to sew up the two individual scarves into one. It took me over a year to get that third skein! I called the LYS where I got the first two skeins to see when they might get more, and they kept saying "Oh, so and so would know, I'll have her call you back" but so and so never did. Finally I bought the yarn over the web.....

And so now I can finally work the second scarf, sew them together, add some fringe, and probably make matching hat. Finally. Next time I will try to plan better.
Oh, and I still have those two skeins of Manos and have not used them either.
3 Comments:
I think you're right. That is the same stitch pattern.
P.S. Do you want cake? I need to know where to send it.
dang you sure make your life complicated! but it is a beautiful scarf!!!
Beautiful color! Beautiful pattern! You'll have to teach me that one.
Post a Comment
<< Home