Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Still not happy

Well I am still not too happy about my crocheted blanket progress, maybe someone can give me a suggestion. I was initially in love with this crocheted blanket from a Garnet Hill catalog I saw a few years ago.



So when I decided to make a blanket, I thought hexagons would be cool. I even saw a pattern in Essential Crochet by Erika Knight.


So I tried some. This first one is a pattern I made up to imitate the blanket from Garnet Hill.


This is a hexagon from the Essential Crochet pattern.


Here is a hexagon from another pattern book I have.



And here are some squares, just in case. I realize piecing together squares would be much easier than hexagons....



But overall I am not too crazy about any of them. I don't like how the white of the sheet shows through the spaces in the blocks. The only way to change that would be to do solid squares....

Any ideas?

5 Comments:

Blogger Zuula said...

I like them!
If you switch to a smaller needle, less white will show...

8:41 AM  
Blogger mo said...

I like them all. I also like the way the white shows through but it might not be so great if you have colored/print sheets. i think the hexagons are cool, just do a variety of all the types but make them the same size...

7:12 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

I don't think I can go down another hook size. I just wonder if those white spots would bother me. The hexagon blanket does not seem to have them and I tried to copy the pattern.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Zuula said...

I do think that when the whole thing is done it will be so colorful that the spots, white or otherwise, won't really stand out at all.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Zuula said...

Any progress on the crochet - or has it been too hot?

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home