Late summer blahs
Where have I been lately? Well, I have been picking Japanese Beetles off my plants and watering them (the plants not the beetles) hoping to keep my garden alive in this drought. Then, Thursday pm we got about an inch and a half of rain. Wow. It reminds me of that commercial for some shampoo, from the 70's, where the woman is acting in a scene where she plays a farmer in a rainstorm.
Cue camera, and rolling, and it starts to rain. She takes off her bonnet, allowing her long blond hair to flow out, and cries "The crops are saved!!" as she is soaked by the rain. Cut and she is in the trailer, getting her hair dried for the next scene.
That is how I feel this week, even though I have no other crops that strawberries and tomatoes right now. They talk of the "billion dollar rain" where a whole region's crops are saved by a timely rain. I sure hope the farmers around here got the rain we did.
Cue camera, and rolling, and it starts to rain. She takes off her bonnet, allowing her long blond hair to flow out, and cries "The crops are saved!!" as she is soaked by the rain. Cut and she is in the trailer, getting her hair dried for the next scene.
That is how I feel this week, even though I have no other crops that strawberries and tomatoes right now. They talk of the "billion dollar rain" where a whole region's crops are saved by a timely rain. I sure hope the farmers around here got the rain we did.
1 Comments:
I remember that commercial. almost as bad as the please dont squeeze the charmin or thr ring around the collar ones.
Post a Comment
<< Home