Thursday, June 21, 2007

Where have I been?

It has been a while...

There just aren't enough hours in a day. We don't have kids, I don't have a demanding job, and there is no health crisis, and yet I can barely get what I want to get done each day. When I think of what I want to do each day, besides work 8 hours and sleep 8 hours, it is truly a long list, mostly of things that will never get done, like

learn to enjoy cooking
read a book
watch a movie
knit
bead
quilt
garden
walk the dog
explore town
write blog
web surf
Flickr
keep in touch with friend
decorate house
sit and contemplate the universe
read the New York Times
exercise
riding my bike around the arboretum


I mean, don't you want to do those things daily? And then there is the travel, and the going to the theater, and going to see bands play, and doing good works, learning woodworking, learning a new language, watching TV, cleaning the house, and on and on.

I guess it is an improvement over spending 99% of your time hunting, gathering, and just trying to stay alive, but I feel that the older I get, the less I do. Odd. Or maybe just that mortal coil shifting and shuffling in the background.

1 Comments:

Blogger mo said...

i feel the same way. what do I do with my time! I want to be more organized but I dont want to turn into S.M. from high school - remember the schedule he made in college where every hour was blocked off with tasks, etc.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home