Before and soon after
As if we didn't have enough work this summer, what with repainting inside, staining and finishing our new windows, shopping for new furniture, and shopping for a canoe, we had to dig up our entire front yard. It had deteriorated from lawn to "green stuff', and just looked awful. So we dug up the sod, dug in 4 yards of compost, and had an empty plot.

Then I went and bought $150 worth of perennials, we planted then, then ordered 5 yards of mulch, most of which we spread on the new flower bed. The flowers include aster, monarda, daylilies, irises, geraniums, little bluestem, prairie dropseed, a poppy, salvia, an ornamental oregano, and a few others. The color scheme is BRIGHT pink and purple.
Since then it has barely rained and we have watered, watered, watered. I think if it doesn't start raining soon, I am going to get very nervous that even with watering, the plants will die.

Then I went and bought $150 worth of perennials, we planted then, then ordered 5 yards of mulch, most of which we spread on the new flower bed. The flowers include aster, monarda, daylilies, irises, geraniums, little bluestem, prairie dropseed, a poppy, salvia, an ornamental oregano, and a few others. The color scheme is BRIGHT pink and purple.
Since then it has barely rained and we have watered, watered, watered. I think if it doesn't start raining soon, I am going to get very nervous that even with watering, the plants will die.
2 Comments:
I can't wait to see the progression!
it looks good! the angle of the photo makes your yard look a mile long...
Post a Comment
<< Home