Spring IS here.
I know I may have jumped the gun earlier on my pronouncement that spring had arrived. So we have had a week of below normal temperatures, so what? So I went and covered my daffodils and tulips, my bulbs for crying out loud. So what! I know it is spring because today I saw the signs.
1. A man mowing his lawn. What the heck? We have had lows in the teens for the past week, trust me, the grass is not growing.
2. The smell of someone grilling out. That does not count either. We Wisconsinites grill out all year, because we are TOUGH.
3. A guy in shorts and a t-shirt. It was 40 degrees.
4. The first cedar waxwings of the year. Now you're talking. A real sign of spring.
And, my bulbs seem to have recovered. These tulips have ben under a box for a week and they look fine.

These daffodils are a bit droopy.... but I am sure they will perk right up!

And if that isn't enough, the peonies are starting to emerge. It fascinates me that the shoots are blood red. They remind me of buried undead squirrels clawing their way back to the land of the living.
I didn't even notice that green wire when I was taking the pictures, I wonder what it is and why it is in my garden.

1. A man mowing his lawn. What the heck? We have had lows in the teens for the past week, trust me, the grass is not growing.
2. The smell of someone grilling out. That does not count either. We Wisconsinites grill out all year, because we are TOUGH.
3. A guy in shorts and a t-shirt. It was 40 degrees.
4. The first cedar waxwings of the year. Now you're talking. A real sign of spring.
And, my bulbs seem to have recovered. These tulips have ben under a box for a week and they look fine.

These daffodils are a bit droopy.... but I am sure they will perk right up!

And if that isn't enough, the peonies are starting to emerge. It fascinates me that the shoots are blood red. They remind me of buried undead squirrels clawing their way back to the land of the living.
I didn't even notice that green wire when I was taking the pictures, I wonder what it is and why it is in my garden.

2 Comments:
cool tulips! it was 79 on friday and EVERYONE from seattle drove over here to enjoy the beach. insanity. as you may remember, the streets are narrow anyway and will a million cars, they get very clogged.
Nice pix!
Yep - only #4 counts, as people wear shorts and sandals here when it is 20 degrees.
I wish I could see a cedar waxwing.
Post a Comment
<< Home