Spring is here
Well someone at the Daily Page Forum that I go to objected to the word sprinter. Whatever, I like it. Spring, summer, autumn and winter aren't enough to describe the more than four seasons we have here.
Anyway, it is now spring anyway. I have some proof.

This is a pretty shelf fungus that just sprouted up, and below are some interesting growths.

Yes I know they are rabbit pellet, AND THEY ARE EVERYWHERE IN OUR YARD.
I have to do something about the rabbits. I learned to wrap the shrubs in chicken wire, and in the past they have not stayed in the yard too long. Now it seems like they have excavated a little home underneath the shed and are really pooping up a storm.
My thoughts are to take a hose and run water into the home under the shed. Or to take chicken grit and pour that in. Don't I sound mean? I don't mind when they eat the plants but I do mind when the entire yard is their bathroom.
Then we would have to put chicken wire around the perimeter of the entire yard to keep them from getting back in. The yard already have a fence but they can squeeze through really tiny spaces. Sigh. Rabbit killer is not something I wanted to be when I grew up.
Anyway, it is now spring anyway. I have some proof.

This is a pretty shelf fungus that just sprouted up, and below are some interesting growths.

Yes I know they are rabbit pellet, AND THEY ARE EVERYWHERE IN OUR YARD.
I have to do something about the rabbits. I learned to wrap the shrubs in chicken wire, and in the past they have not stayed in the yard too long. Now it seems like they have excavated a little home underneath the shed and are really pooping up a storm.
My thoughts are to take a hose and run water into the home under the shed. Or to take chicken grit and pour that in. Don't I sound mean? I don't mind when they eat the plants but I do mind when the entire yard is their bathroom.
Then we would have to put chicken wire around the perimeter of the entire yard to keep them from getting back in. The yard already have a fence but they can squeeze through really tiny spaces. Sigh. Rabbit killer is not something I wanted to be when I grew up.
4 Comments:
Hey - don't you have a dog? And a cat?
Do the bunnies not respect their authority?
Would you really let your dog eat a backyard rabbit? Or do you mean just scare them away? Wouldn't you worry that it might have some disease? I already worry about Mia eating the poop. Guess that is just the microbiologist in me.
BTW the rabbits are as big as the cat......
Well, we don't really have bunnies out here, except for the domesticated kind released into parks, so I don't know what I would do. Toby killed a rat in the yard once, which was the most horrifically wonderful day of his life, I'm sure. The dogs have tried to catch about 8,000 squirrels, but have never gotten close to one yet.
So I just assumed that Mia's mere sharp-toothed, predatory presence would keep the bunnies away. Even if you encouraged her to chase them, I'm sure they're faster than she is.
BTW as the owner of one poop-eating dog, and one dog who eats burlap bags and entire boxes of chocolate truffles complete with foil wrappers - I've been assured by numerous vets that dogs' digestive systems are much speedier than humans, and surprisingly resilient. Like their sturdy skulls, which are also apparently a marvel of evolutionary engineering.
OMG a dog's skull is the hardest bone known to man. Every time we accidentally bump heads I think I am going to have a brain injury!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home