Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Doldrums

I think there should be a new holiday, called the Doldrums. Celebrated between Christmas and New Year's. Everyone gets mandatory vacation.

Honestly it is so slow at work, I feel caught in a tropical wind-free zone. We are going on vacation next week and are working this week, and it feels a bit like London in the early scenes of 28 Days Later (if you haven't seen that it is a sci-fi movie where most of the population succumbs to the rage virus and the hero, who has been in the hospital for a while, gets out and wanders through the empty streets of central London. We rented it as part of our pre-london trip preparation, but if you don't like extremely graphic, violent scary movies, you might want to give it a pass. )

Anyway, I went to get some milk from the vending machine. It had the expiration date turned away from the front, so I couldn't tell if it was past the date (on Dec 27, very likely). But I forked over the 75 cents anyway. Then I go to get the milk out and can't open the space at the bottom because someone's SoBe pink something bottle is stuck in the bottom. And I mean STUCK. Even after minutes of pushing and pulling, I can't get either of them loose, so I have to leave my milk in the bottom (probably not refrigerated) and drink the coffee black. Imagine people coming in a few days to buy something and the vending machine will smell like spoiled milk. Oh well. at least I did not pay $2.00 like the person who bought the SoBe drink and could not retrieve it. If that does not define the doldrums, I don't know what does.

Happy Doldrums everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger mo said...

lord you are hilarious sometimes

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home