eighty million dollars
What would you do with eighty million dollars? Our neighbors have that question to answer, since they just sold their data security company for $150 million, and $80 million was their take (it was a privately held company). I can't even begin to imagine that much money, it is just not comprehensible, and yet the people right across the street from us are living it.
This is different than all those hardships and embarassments people on reality TV go through, after all, they only win $1 million dollars, and they have to eat bugs to do it. $1 million seems like so little compared to $80 million. Why bother?
Seriously though, I wondered what I would do with that kind of money. Haven't you ever played that game? Pay off all the mortgages of your house and your family's houses. Give each child relative a college fund. Then what? And why pay the mortgage off on your own house if you could just sell it and move to Paris?
Our neighbors already had it pretty good with their current jobs, they are always getting renovations on the house done, they have a cat sitter who comes all the time, the dry cleaners stop by all the time, they have a lawn service, they have a cleaning service, they get food delivered all the time (no I do not stalk them this is pretty easy to see). They have nice cars, a house PLENTY big enough for two people. And soon, that will seem like small potatoes to them when the daily massage therapist comes, or when the full time cook moves in.
And the kicker, apparently the husband is planning to go to Med School. Why, when he can retire for life? Me, if I got $80 million dollars, school would be one of the last things I would think about doing.
This is different than all those hardships and embarassments people on reality TV go through, after all, they only win $1 million dollars, and they have to eat bugs to do it. $1 million seems like so little compared to $80 million. Why bother?
Seriously though, I wondered what I would do with that kind of money. Haven't you ever played that game? Pay off all the mortgages of your house and your family's houses. Give each child relative a college fund. Then what? And why pay the mortgage off on your own house if you could just sell it and move to Paris?
Our neighbors already had it pretty good with their current jobs, they are always getting renovations on the house done, they have a cat sitter who comes all the time, the dry cleaners stop by all the time, they have a lawn service, they have a cleaning service, they get food delivered all the time (no I do not stalk them this is pretty easy to see). They have nice cars, a house PLENTY big enough for two people. And soon, that will seem like small potatoes to them when the daily massage therapist comes, or when the full time cook moves in.
And the kicker, apparently the husband is planning to go to Med School. Why, when he can retire for life? Me, if I got $80 million dollars, school would be one of the last things I would think about doing.
1 Comments:
Omigod! I know what I'd do! Share with my family and friends in various ways, and have fun travelling. I'd move to a nicer condo, of course, but I wouldn't be there all that much.
Post a Comment
<< Home