Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Anger management

Does everyone get angrier as they get older, or is that only me? When I see someone throwing away a cigarette butt on the ground, I just want to yell "Hey you stupid fuckwad, don't be a fucking litterer!" When someone tailgates me, I sometimes slow down gradually until I am going way under the speed limit, just to piss them off more. I think it is a problem in human culture and part of what makes social living such a challenge.

The other day my husband told me of some less than ethical behavior by one of his colleagues and it is all I can do to not march over to this person's office and yell at them, waving my fist and stamping my feet. I think the source of much of the anger and frustration is that it forces us to realize our own powerlessness. Even if it is over something as trivial as work, rather than say, environmental pollution, or social justice, these little affronts to our dignity add up and make us worse people, little by little. I just feel the scales tipping a little bit more towards my inner bitch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zuula said...

Yee haw! Release that inner bitch.
Teehee - it's so funny somehow to know that Lula thinks evil things about others - just as I do. Fuckwad is SUCH a useful term, don't you agree? I'd love to call a lot of people that. But remember, don't get mad - get even. Figure out how to mess up those unethical work people. I saw an ethics professor steal a coke from the deli because he was too lazy/ superior/ god-forbid busy to wait in line with the rest of us. Make him wait for stuff he wants to have done here in the office..... oh, sorry about that typo..... Fortunately, he left UW shortly thereafter or I'd be retaliating.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Do you not expect me to be bitchy? I secretly am

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home