Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Post a secret

I got the PostSecret book out of the library. It was an interesting read, but I imagine they didn't use many of the most "racy" postcards; this seemed more of a book for general audiences, it was rather safe. I don't usually check the Post Secret web site, so I am not a groupie or anything, I tend to check out lots of books from the library, especially if they have pictures!

Anyway, the most confounding one to me was the one that said "I shave my toes, and I am a woman."

Hey! I shave my toes, and I am a woman too, and I never thought this was something to be ashamed of. Certainly not a secret of PostSecret caliber. One of my college friends made fun of me for it once, but she was blond and probably didn't understand the needs of us dark-haired women. I don't shave them religiously, and I don't even shave my legs from November to May.

Not to make light of the depth of emotion on PostSecret by any means, but sometimes one person's ugly secret is just another person's casual grooming habits.

After my husband had read the book, I asked him what his secrets were, and he said he didn't have any..... guess he is just an open book, and no, he does not shave his toes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zuula said...

You shave your toes????? That never occurred to me (for myself). Don't worry, maybe someday those hairs will be gray and you can stop, and then you can pluck your chin like me. One of the downsides of aging women.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home