Peonies
When we moved into our house, there were a few plants alreadt in the garden. you can tell it was from an older person, since the plants were all "classical" garden plants like bleeding heart, peonies, tulips, and irises. I am so glad there were peonies, because this in not a plant I would have thought to add myself, although I do love them.
First of all, the buds are georgeous, the very essence of potential.

Then, when they open, you almost can't believe the colors and the abundance of petals. I only have some pinks ones and some white ones, but the are pretty unbelievable.

The gradations of colors in these different pink peonies is mesmerizing to me. I usually never cut flowers from my garden, but as these plants are separated in space, I had to cut just one bloom from each to put them together. I love this picture.

Finally, peonies are quite hardy plants, and very drought tolerant. They are often planted in cemetaries, due to their longevity, often lasting over 100 years. What's not to like about the peony?
First of all, the buds are georgeous, the very essence of potential.

Then, when they open, you almost can't believe the colors and the abundance of petals. I only have some pinks ones and some white ones, but the are pretty unbelievable.

The gradations of colors in these different pink peonies is mesmerizing to me. I usually never cut flowers from my garden, but as these plants are separated in space, I had to cut just one bloom from each to put them together. I love this picture.
Finally, peonies are quite hardy plants, and very drought tolerant. They are often planted in cemetaries, due to their longevity, often lasting over 100 years. What's not to like about the peony?
4 Comments:
I absolutely LOVE peonies and always have. If I had a real yard I'd probably go wild with peonies. How about a tree peony for your yard?
I would not put a tree peony in our nasty clay..... although there are several people in our neighborhood who have them.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
"My" guy at Anchor keeps buying them, but he lives by James Madison Park. Don't know about the soil there. He gets them from that nursery somewhere near/south of Janesville. Something with an "S"?
Post a Comment
<< Home