I am in love
With my digital camera. I have always wanted to take up photography, but my technical ineptness, lack of ability to focus the lens well, and general success to failure ratio have kept me from really pursuing it. Meanwhile, all my friends and family were getting digital cameras. After seeing and using my sister's camera last summer, we decided to get one ourselves. I have so far taken about 600 photos, about 500 of them are pictures of my garden. I just like the crispness, the color intensity, and the automatic focus of the camera. I don't think I will be doing much manipulation, say with Photoshop, I enjoy the challenge of taking a picture from what is available to me, rather than manipulating the environment or the photo.
I think 75% of the reason why I started a blog was because I like how digital pictures look in other blogs and I wanted to be able to see my pictures in a blog. I also like doing short photo essays about what is blooming in the garden, or my favorite color of the moment.
I also set up a flickr site, here. There are only about 165 photos there so far, but more to come.
I like taking still life pictures, like this one.

I like taking close-ups of plants so they look different, like this.

And, of course, I like taking pictures of flowers. Who doesn't?

I think 75% of the reason why I started a blog was because I like how digital pictures look in other blogs and I wanted to be able to see my pictures in a blog. I also like doing short photo essays about what is blooming in the garden, or my favorite color of the moment.
I also set up a flickr site, here. There are only about 165 photos there so far, but more to come.
I like taking still life pictures, like this one.

I like taking close-ups of plants so they look different, like this.

And, of course, I like taking pictures of flowers. Who doesn't?

2 Comments:
Foul! No fair using the same pic twice.
Like your bark. At one time years ago at the Mckay center they had a hallway lined with photos of different tree barks in close-up. It was quite nice. If I can remember seeing it after all these years you know it made an impression.
Post a Comment
<< Home