Wednesday, May 17, 2006

How to name a blog

I really have no idea. All I know is that took me hours to come up with a word that I am only so-so happy about. My first fifty choices were not available so I had to resort to a thesaurus to find a related word. Maybe I should have played random word grab for a while and come up with a name like happypickle, armadillosunset or bluebananabottle. Or maybe I should have thought of more song lyrics and picked chickenwiretrunk or fromthebalustrade. But I didn't. Most of the craft blogs I visit have cutesy names like loopylu, myprettykitten, or yarnypants. Somehow, that didn't seem to fit me either. Neither would anything with the word blog in the title (surely that has been done before) or ending in -ette, like wonkette, or daily anything.

Some of the names I wanted, like smalldrops, were taken but when I checked them, the blog hadn't been updated in two years. Hey Buddy, use it or lose it. And who else would want chromosphere or quercus or geranium or greenery? I guess someone. But it is over and I can move on. As they say ... a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zuula said...

You think yarnypants doesn't fit you? Personally, I like armadillosunset.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

well I am stuck with it now. I keep reminding myself that it really does not matter!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home